Dr. Raid Saabni
Dr. Raid Saabni
Dr. Saabni is a senior lecturer, a researcher, and the head of the master’s program at the school of computer science in the Academic College of Tel-Aviv Yafo. He received his BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science in 1989, MSc with honor, and Ph.D. in computer science from the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in 2006 and 2010, respectively. His Ph.D. in Computer Science (October 2006 – October 2010) Titled: “Historical Document image Analysis and Arabic script Recognition” was done under the supervision of Prof. Jihad El-Sana.
During his study and research Dr. Saabni received some Honors and Awards such as an Award for excellence Ph.D. studies from the Computer Science Department and the Friedman Prize for Outstanding achievements in research in 2009, Award of Excellence in teaching from the department of CS at BGU, 2009-2010 and the Ministry of Science Award for outstanding (Arab, Druze, Cherkes), and many more. Research interests mainly focus on Document Image Analysis; Image Processing; Machine Learning; Pattern Recognition; Text and Script Recognition; Facial Expression Recognition; Computer Vision; Neural Networks.
- Eran Zing and Raid Saabni, Text Extraction from Images in the Wild Using the Viola-Jones Algorithm, The 2017 9th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing (ICGIP 2017), Ocean University of China, QingDao , China.
- Raid Saabni, Document Image Binarization Using Multi Scale Predefined Filters, Proceedings of the 2017 9th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing (ICGIP 2017), Ocean University of China, QingDao , China.
- Raid Saabni, Boosting Feature Based Classifiers for Writer Identification and Verification, Proceedings of The 1st International Workshop on Arabic Script Analysis and Recognition (ASAR 2017), PP: 99-103, LORIA laboratory (University Lorraine, France).
- Raid Saabni, Recognizing handwritten single digits and digit strings using deep architecture of neural networks, Third International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Pattern Recognition (AIPR), Lodz, 2016. pp. 1-6.
- Raid Saabni, “Facial expression recognition using multi Radial Bases Function Networks and 2-D Gabor filters, Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), 2015 Fifth International Conference on, Sierre, 2015, pp. 225-230.
- Raid Saabni, Ada-boosting Extreme learning machines for handwritten digit and digit strings recognition,” Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), 2015 Fifth International Conference on, Sierre, 2015, pp. 231-236.
- George Kour, Raid Saabni: Ongoing Segmentation of On-line Handwritten Arabic Script, proceedings of the ICFHR2014 conference, Greece.
- Raid Saabni: Efficient Recognition of Machine Printed Arabic text Using Partial Segmentation and Hausdorff Distance, proceedings of the SocPar 2014, Tunis
- George Kour, Raid Saabni: Fast Classification of Handwritten On-line Arabic Characters, proceedings of the SocPar 2014, Tunis
- Saabni, R; Asi, A; El-Sana, J: Text Line Extraction for Historical Document Images, Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 35, 1 January 2014, Pages 23–33.
- Saabni, R: The Multi Angular Descriptor (MAD): a Binary and Gray Images Descriptor for Shape Recognition. HIP2013, Proceedings the Historical Document Imaging and Recognition workshop, Pages 53-58, Washington, USA.
- Saabni, R: Efficient Word Image Retrieval Using Earth Movers Distance Embedded to Wavelets Coefficients Domain. ICDAR 2013, the International Conference of Document Analyzing and Recognition, Washington, USA, Pages: 314-318.
- Werner Pantke, Volker M¨argner, Daniel Fecker, Tim Fingscheidt; Abedelkadir Asi; Jihad El-Sana; Raid Saabni; Mohammad Yehia: Software System for Semi-Automatic Processing of Historical Handwritten Arabic Documents, the Conference of Archiving.2014
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Keywords Image Retrieval in Historical Handwritten Arabic Documents, Journal of Electronic Imaging 22(1), 013016 (Jan 2013).
- Saabni, Raid , and Jihad A. El-Sana. Comprehensive synthetic Arabic database for on/off-line script recognition research. IJDAR 16(3): 285-294 (2013)
- Saabni, R; Zwilling, M: Text Detection and Recognition in Real World Images. ICFHR2012,
- Bari, Italy. Pages: 441-446.
- Saabni, R; Bronstein, A: Fast Key-Word Searching Using ‘BoostMap’ based
- ICFHR2012, Bari, Italy. Pages: 730-735.
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Language-Independent Text Lines Extraction Using Seam Carving, ICDAR2011, Pages 563-568, Beijing, China.
- Saabni, R; Bronstein, A: Fast Key-Word Searching via Embedding and Active-DTW, ICDAR2011, Pages 68-72, Beijing, China, Pages.
- Asi, A; Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Text Line Segmentation for Gray Scale Historical Document Images, International Workshop on Historical Document Imaging and Processing (HIP), Beijing, China, Pages: 041-041.2011.
- Biadsy, Fadi, Raid Saabni, and Jihad. EL-SANA. “Segmentation-free online Arabic handwriting recognition.” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence 25, no. 07 (2011): 1009-1033
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Word Spotting for Handwritten Documents using Chamfer Distance and Dynamic Time Warping, DRR2011 ,Pages 1-10, San Francisco, USA.
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Hierarchical On-line Arabic Handwriting Recognition. The 10’th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition ICDAR 2009,Barcelona, Pages: 867-871, 2009
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J: Efficient Generation of Comprehensive Database for Online Arabic Script The 10’th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition ICDAR 2009, Barcelona , Pages:1231-1235.
- Saabni, R; El-Sana, J. Keyword Searching for Arabic handwritten Documents, The 11’th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting recognition (ICFHR2008), Montreal, 2008.